Wednesday, March 16, 2011

How to Make Iced Green Tea

For the tea lovers in our group, I want to share a very simple way that I discovered to make the perfect iced, green tea.

Fill a quart jar with fresh, cold water. Add three green tea bags and stir. Sit the jar on the top of the woodstove. When the water turns green, remove from the heat, take out the tea bags, add 5 teaspoons of sugar and stir.

Fill your glass with ice cubes, pour the tea over, and enjoy. The flavor will be perfect. In fact, one day I put some on the stove and forgot it. I realized it an hour later and the tea was a nice auburn color. I was sure it would be too bitter to drink. It was not. The flavor was still perfect.

Give it a try and let me know how it works for you.

All the best,



3 comments:

  1. I've made various other kinds of iced tea but haven't tried green tea yet. Had wanted to and it slipped my mind. Thanks for the reminder! :)
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, You will love it. If you want to make it the traditional way, don't boil the water. Just get it hot. And remove teabags after 2 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make green tea for my husband that is my adaptation of Arizona's green tea with honey and ginseng. Yes, we are Southern :)

    For one gallon:
    10 green tea bags (or to taste)
    1 cup sugar *or 1 1/4c gran. honey
    1/4 cup honey *
    3 oz lemon juice
    1 bottle ginseng-10ml or 1-2 tsp if bulk

    Brew tea and add remaining ingredients with enough water to make one gallon.

    J in VA

    ReplyDelete